The Baroq Story
The DrinksAll the decadent and delightful drinks on offer at Baroq are meticulously prepared to meet and satiate the demanding and deserving clientele by a band of the best mixologists Melbourne has to offer.
Ever wondered what goes on in the frantic minds of these purveyors’ of pour? If so read below:
- Have just re-read The Joy of Mixology and am thoroughly inspired to transform our patrons’ night into one big taste explosion. Having perfected Baroq’s famous White Chocolate and Passionfruit martini, I’m going to blow people away with some new concoctions tonight.
- Every time I reach for Belvedere, I chuckle. I remember the butler from the TV show Mr Belvedere. I laugh because he served others exactly the way I do now, except I do it with aplomb and to some tables by the bottle!!
- POP! A bar environment is filled with cases of onomatopoeia with my favourite one of all signifying opulence, revelry and victory. No one, I repeat no one, opens up a bottle of Veuve Clicquot like me – I’m the boss.
- The crew has begun to rock up – I know what they want and head in their direction to serve them promptly – seems like they’re in for a big night and like they are going round for round – love my regulars!
- My first non-drinker is in the house (guessing she’s the designated driver) and seeing as this is my first mocktail for the evening, I’ve decided on using a berry combination as per her instructions, “to blow me away with something as sweet and inviting as my lips”. (note to self – must enter her into our patron of the night competition)
An initiative of Baroq is to demand more from our patrons, both in terms of palate and in terms of pleasantries; hence we have established our Patron of the Evening. This campaign is to instigate and award politeness and courtesy to our staff, whereby the bar staff submits to management one customer per night of whom courtesy, politeness and a charming disposition go hand in hand. (They will be featured on Baroq’s social media sites)